Chanel coat and necklace; Anne Fontaine blouse; Cacharel shorts; Swarovski earrings; Swarovski and Waterford rings; Wolford tights; Repetto Shoes; Italian linen scarf; Louison bag; Essie ‘Bermuda Shorts’ nail polish with Chanel ‘Diamond’ as a top coat.
1. Even though the weather is grey, you don’t have to dress accordingly! On chilly Spring days, choose a coat that isn’t a dark, winterish colour.
2. Get out your hot pink / red nail polish.
3. Choose some favourite jewellery.
4. Team your outfit with eye-catching, brightly coloured accessories.
5. Set off for a favourite art gallery (in my case, the Royal Academy of Arts).
6. If you’re lucky enough to live in London and haven’t yet seen it, do try to catch the David Hockney exhibition (now in its last week). The vibrant colours and beautiful landscapes are bound to put a smile on your face, and the paintings are drawn with such immediacy that you can almost feel the sunshine leaping off the canvas.
7. Stop for a bite to eat and a coffee at a cosy cafe (Rose Bakery, Dover Street Market), where you can peruse their copies of Bazaar magazine as well as your exhibition catalogue.
8. Stroll around a pretty corner of London (Berkeley Square) and rest weary legs at the utterly charming Miller Harris tearoom. Delicious tea and mini Violet cupcakes will put the spring back into your step in no time.